Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Look What I Found!!



Hooray!! Yesterday, I saw a patch of the ground, the bare-naked ground for the first time in months. Better than that, there was a patch of green. Moss never looked so good to me. I heard more birds during this past week. Crows cawing and the low whistle-like call of of evening grosbeaks fill the air. Mourning doves visit the feeder along with the regulars - chickadees, nuthatches, downy woodpeckers, hair woodpeckers, and titmice. I think I even heard a dark-eyed junco and caught a glimpse of a chipping sparrow. Dave heard a phoebe.

We still have quite a bit of snow, but the melting continues revealing more patches of beautiful earth. Tonight's forcast is for more snow, which will end as freezing rain and then plain rain. I'm not worried. I think we have turned the corner. A few nights ago, when I took my nightly peek at the sky before going to bed, the scent of spring greeted my nostrils. I breathed in deeply and slept very well with visions of spring flowers dancing in my head. :-)



Web Weaver Graphics

10 comments:

storyteller said...

I’m so happy that sights and sounds of Spring are finally appearing in your piece of the planet. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,

Deborah Wilson said...

Alright!

I guess that New England has gotten an overload of snow this year. Another friend of mine (from Mass) is wishing for springtime - I spotted a video that he made while on vacation - in New Hampshire. Maybe it will brighten you up a little. lol

Tomorrow spring is here - but believe it or not, the wind in Georgia is still chilly - but it will be warm soon for everyone.

Mary said...

Tina,

You found moss and I found tulip sprouts. I was ecstatic. We had the freezing rain and then rain all day today. I think spring may be coming though they've predicted more snow.

Come over and see what Michelle and Barry did today.

Blessings,
Mary

Grandy said...

Bring.On.Spring!!!

Tina Coruth said...

Thank you, Storyteller! :-)

Hugs,
Tina

Tina Coruth said...

Hi Deborah,

Yes, we sure have gotten an overload of snow this year. New Hampshire is getting very close to breaking a record set in the 1800's! I will have to see that video. It sure would brighten me up!

Happy Spring! :-)
Tina

Tina Coruth said...

Mary,

Tulip sprouts -- wonderful! I can well imagine how happy you must have been to see them. This has been one heck of a winter.

I will be over to visit and see what Michelle and Barry did. :-)

Hugs,
Tina

Tina Coruth said...

Grandy,

Bring on Spring, indeed!! I can't wait until the flowers start sprouting and the winter coats are put away. :-)

Tina

Renie Burghardt said...

Tina,

The moss is pretty. I have seen green moss around here just about all winter.

My phoebe's are back, too, and building a nest already! As are the bluebirds. All the birds seem to be busy these days!

I enjoyed your post. Hope your snow melts soon! Happy Easter, Tina!

Bunny Hugs, :-)

Renie

Tina Coruth said...

Renie,

I guess the moss has been there all winter, just buried under the snow and ice. LOL

Isn't it wonderful when the birds become so active!?!? It's so nice to wake up in the morning and hear so many different birds singing and calling.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter!
Love those "bunny hugs"! :-)

Bunny Hugs,
Tina