Thursday, February 28, 2008

Seven Weird Facts About Me

My new blogging buddy, Mike at rambling stuff tagged me for a "Seven Weird or Random Facts About Me" meme. I had fun writing it - I hope you enjoy it!

1) I don't have a middle name.
2) When I was seven years old, I was bitten on the hand by a scotty dog.
3) When I was twelve, I was bitten on the hand by a monkey.
4) I like pie and coffee. I only drink one cup of coffee a day in the morning. Therefore, on those rare occasions when I have pie, I have it for breakfast with my coffee. (Cold apple pie and coffee is my favorite.)
5) St Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday.
6) My favorite song is Nessun Dorma sung by Luciano Pavarotti. It is so beautiful it brings me to tears.
7) Now for the really weird: I had a favorite deep pink blouse that I wore until it was no longer wearable. Finally, I saw a blouse in a catalog that was exactly the same, so I bought it. When it arrived, I was very disappointed because it was burnt orange. I also bought a new pink scarf to wear with the blouse, but it didn't really match the burnt orange so I never wore them together. One day, I was wearing the burnt orange blouse, when both my daughter and grandaughter suggested that I should wear my new pink scarf with it. I asked them if they really thought it would match. They were positive it would look very nice. There was a tiny bit of an orange color in the scarf, so I took their advice. Once I put the scarf on and looked down, I was amazed to discover that my blouse looked pink to me! I later asked my daughter and grandaughter to tell me what color the blouse was. They each said pink, of course. I had no idea they had never seen it as burnt orange. Now here is where it gets even weirder. On the hanger, the blouse looks burnt orange to me unless I hang the scarf on it - then it looks pink!!

I am supposed to tag seven people. If you would like to do this meme, consider yourself tagged. Please let me know when you have posted it so I can read it! Have fun! :-)

8 comments:

Mary said...

Tina,

Most of these things are really that weird, but the blouse looking orange and then pink is unusual.

I've known you for years and never knew you didn't have a middle name. Now I do. ;-)

Thanks for sharing these things about yourself. I learned some new things about you.

Thanks also for your comment on my post today. I always enjoy visiting with you.

Blessings and hugs,
Mary

storyteller said...

I enjoyed getting better acquainted by reading your list so I'm glad Mike tagged you. I've done this one a few times already and have a list of 101 Things About Myself (link in my side bar) so methinks my readers already know enough about me. LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Mary,

The blouse thing is so weird. I'm not aware of having problems distinguishing any other colors - at least that I know of! LOL

There are four girls in my family and not one of us has a middle name. My mother thought that since we would probably get married and lose our last name, that we should have a chance to choose our own middle name. What she didn't realize was that to make it legal involved money and red tape. So none of us ever did choose a middle name.

I'm always happy to visit your blog and always happy to see you here at mine! :-)

Hugs,
Tina

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

Wow - a 101 things about yourself. I'm going to have to check that out!

Thank you for reading my meme. :-)

Hugs,
Tina

Mike Golch said...

Tina,Thanks for being such a good sport.Hugs and Blessings,your blogging Pal,Mike

Tina Coruth said...

Mike,

Thank you! It was a fun meme!

blogging pal,
Tina

Renie Burghardt said...

Tina,

I agree with Mary, the only weird fact in your list is about your burnt orange/pink blouse. Oh, and bitten by a monkey? That's sort of weird as well. LOL.

I was tagged for this meme by a couple of people, but since I have done a few meme's, I have passed on this newest one. Maybe I just don't want to reveal my weird side. LOL. But I enjoyed your weird facts, Tina.

Hope all is well with you.

Hugs,

Renie

Tina Coruth said...

Hi Renie,

I can't quite figure out why I see that blouse as different colors, even after I found out that it is really pink - at least to the rest of the world. I guess some things are just a mystery! LOL

Hope you are having a great day!

Hugs,
Tina