My new blogging buddy, Mike at rambling stuff tagged me for a "Seven Weird or Random Facts About Me" meme. I had fun writing it - I hope you enjoy it!
1) I don't have a middle name.
2) When I was seven years old, I was bitten on the hand by a scotty dog.
3) When I was twelve, I was bitten on the hand by a monkey.
4) I like pie and coffee. I only drink one cup of coffee a day in the morning. Therefore, on those rare occasions when I have pie, I have it for breakfast with my coffee. (Cold apple pie and coffee is my favorite.)
5) St Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday.
6) My favorite song is Nessun Dorma sung by Luciano Pavarotti. It is so beautiful it brings me to tears.
7) Now for the really weird: I had a favorite deep pink blouse that I wore until it was no longer wearable. Finally, I saw a blouse in a catalog that was exactly the same, so I bought it. When it arrived, I was very disappointed because it was burnt orange. I also bought a new pink scarf to wear with the blouse, but it didn't really match the burnt orange so I never wore them together. One day, I was wearing the burnt orange blouse, when both my daughter and grandaughter suggested that I should wear my new pink scarf with it. I asked them if they really thought it would match. They were positive it would look very nice. There was a tiny bit of an orange color in the scarf, so I took their advice. Once I put the scarf on and looked down, I was amazed to discover that my blouse looked pink to me! I later asked my daughter and grandaughter to tell me what color the blouse was. They each said pink, of course. I had no idea they had never seen it as burnt orange. Now here is where it gets even weirder. On the hanger, the blouse looks burnt orange to me unless I hang the scarf on it - then it looks pink!!
I am supposed to tag seven people. If you would like to do this meme, consider yourself tagged. Please let me know when you have posted it so I can read it! Have fun! :-)